|CONTENTS | PREV | NEXT||Java Object Serialization Specification|
The goals are to:
- Support bidirectional communication between different versions of a class operating in different virtual machines by:
- Provide default serialization for persistence and for RMI.
- Perform well and produce compact streams in simple cases, so that RMI can use serialization.
- Be able to identify and load classes that match the exact class used to write the stream.
- Keep the overhead low for nonversioned classes.
- Use a stream format that allows the traversal of the stream without having to invoke methods specific to the objects saved in the stream.