How to Use the Dijkstra Applet
- Source is in
- Intermediate nodes are in gray.
- Initial edges are in gray.
- The number associated with the
corresponding edge is edge's weight
- The edges in shortest path are in red.
- The selected vertices are in black.
- The eligible relax vertices flash in
yellow color .
- The graph can not be changed when it is running or in
running status unless the Reset or the Clear button is
How to Build a Graph
- To create a
vertex, press mouse on the desired
- To create an edge, click on the two
vertices desired to be
connected, enter edge weight in the bottom-left text box and press OK
button. Edge weight can
nonnegative integer. Default edge weight
- To modify a vertex position, drag the
vertex with mouse to the
- To modify an edge weight, double click on
the arrow of the
desired edge, enter edge weight in the bottom-left text box and press OK
- To delete a vertex, double click on the
desired vertex and click
on the Remove Vertex button. All connected edges to
this vertex will also be deleted.
- To delete an edge, double click on the
arrow of the desired edge
and click on the Remove Edge button.
- To cancel an operation of edge deletion
or edge weight
modification, click on the Cancel button.
- To clear a graph built by the customer,
click on Clear
- To restore the graph to the status before running on
click on the Reset
How to Run the Dijkstra Applet
- Clear: click on this
applet will be reset
to initial demo graph on Demo mode or a single source graph on Custom
- Reset: click
on this button will restore the graph to the graph before running on
- Demo: click on
this button to run from a
- Custom: click on this button to build a
- Step by Step: click on this button to
- Stop: click on this button whenever you
stop the step-by-step mode.
- Run till Finish: click on this button to
algorithm until finish.
- The two modes(Custom/Demo) automatically
from one to the other when running, click on the one you want to run.
- Click on Stop to set the custom graph to
If you can not open this applet with Internet Explorer, use Netscape 6
higher, or use Mozilla.
Go Back to the Applet Page