EECS 6118: Tentative Course Description
- Recognize and formulate an optimization problem by a suitable linear, convex, or combinatorial optimization model
- Apply algorithmic tools to solve the modeled problem
- Investigate suitability of the model and efficiency of the algorithm
- Convex sets, convex functions, and convex optimization problems
- (Integer) Linear Programming
- Characterization of local & global optima
- Necessary and/or sufficient conditions: Lagrange-Karush-Kuhn-Tucker
- Simplex Method,
- Interior Point Methods,
- Ellipsoid Method
- . . .
- Examples and Applications
- CSE3101 (algorithms) or equivalent.
- Some elementary knowledge of Linear Algebra would be helpful.